Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Kick, Kick, Kick, Splash, Splash, Splash!

We started swim lessons last weekend and Elliott loved it! Well... he did not love it at first. I think it was a bit overwhelming taking in all the new sights and sounds. I was a little surprised because he loves splashing in the bath so I figured he would love swimming immediately. I guess a giant reservoir of water filled with screaming children could make anyone a little gun shy. Once he warmed up he was kicking and splashing and dipping his own face in the water! We are going to Goldfish Swim School in Grand Rapids. We were referred by a friend and I will say, it is as great as everybody says. The staff is very friendly, the facility is very clean, they provide showers with baby soap, changing rooms, hair dryers, and the pool deck area is kept at 90 degrees. I have heard it is a bit more expensive than other options but I think you get what you pay for: clean, friendly, a staff of swimmers (instead of personal trainers, camp counselors, or otherwise extremely fit individuals with a broader range of skills). And what I really like is that even in the Mini 1 (aka tiny little people) class they are teaching how to climb out of the pool (elbow, elbow, belly, knee). Safety first, I like it.

Meeting our new friends.

Learning our grasping techniques. 

Riding in a cool new boat!


We stopped at Tim Hortons after for a breakfast sandwich and some Timbits. Let's just say they weren't winning any awards for speed or accuracy. It was good for a laugh. Next week daddy gets to get in the water!


No comments:

Post a Comment