Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

My first Mother's Day

This weekend I celebrated my very first Mother's Day (well, 3rd if you ask Griffin). It was such a fun weekend spent with my boys.

We started Friday with a BBQ at Jeremy and Mary's house. Elliott thinks that Mason is so funny, he belly laughs when he watches him. I love it.

Saturday morning we woke up and after Elliott ate we played for a while then he went down for his morning nap while Josh and I got a bunch of chores done around the house. After Elliott woke up and we were able to get cleaned up and eat lunch we took a big walk around Reeds Lake (we're talking 4-5 miles here folks). The weather was perfect - sunny with a little breeze. Griffin joined us for this too and by the end I think his legs were so tired. He is still working off his holiday pounds, he is out of shape.

After our walk we went to dinner with Grandma Marnita and Grandpa Bill to celebrate Mother's Day with her. Jeremy, Mary, and Mason joined us also and Elliott did more belly laughing at Mason's funny antics. Cracks us all up.

Onto Sunday morning when we went to church and saw Great Grandma Reed. After church we headed to Lansing to have lunch with Great Grandma Billie, Great Aunt Terri, and Grandma Pam. After lunch my boys took me to East Lansing so I could get a picture with Elliott and Sparty. What a treat for me! Josh was such a good sport because East Lansing is enemy territory for most of those Reeds!





Look at that belly...

Hey guys! I'm over here!

He's looking ahead to his bright future on the banks of the red cedar! 

My boys

We headed for home after our walk around Spartan Stadium and Josh grilled up some burgers (the weather was awesome, finally!) and we had a cozy night as a little family at home after a really busy weekend!

I had such a wonderful weekend. I feel like one lucky momma.  We saw almost all of our Grandma's and mom's (Great Grandma Alice and Grandma Kellie got long distance love instead of in person). It was also nice to have some time around home and around town. We were pretty busy in March and April, I think we are in a lull before another busy summer!

Tomorrow is Griffin's 4th birthday, Elliott's 8 month birthday, and one year since we found out we were having a boy! What a big day, we'll try to catch it all in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment